For Steves on this Father’s Day, I opted for one of his favorite combinations: a chocolatey cheesecake. I made a Chocolate Cheesecake Brownie, and because he’s so stylish, I cut the brownies into neckties and bowties. Oh, and check out Gavin’s fun short list of the many reasons he loves his dad.
Dad Gratitude. Five Things I Love About My Dad
by Gavin Rodriguez, age 11
- I love how we wear matching Colombian hats. (see photo above)
- You’re the ping pong master! Thanks for teaching me how to put killer backspin on the ball.
- Go Dodgers! I love that you take me instead of Mom to Dodger games.
- For the school poetry contest, you taught me how to recite my poem with voice inflection.
- Thanks for the style! You gave me a love for cool socks and Tom’s shoes.
CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE BROWNIES
The Chocolate Cheesecake Brownie recipe is easy! I poured the batter into a 9×12 pan, baked, and once cooled, cut into neck ties and/or bow ties using cookie cutters. Remember – you don’t have to be such a square with brownies. Mix it up with fun cookie cutters. Plus, you can use the bits of leftovers from the cutters to sprinkle over ice cream. Win-win!
Gav hard at work on a card for Dad.
Gavin’s card with an edible bowtie.
Happy Father’s Day to Steves and to all the dads and grandfathers out there! Cheers to you!
Photos by: Maria Hedrick Photography